Lead Response Management is the process of responding to leads at the optimal time to achieve the highest contact and qualification rates.
Recent research shows that quite often the ‘optimal’ time is immediately. But many companies spend thousands of dollars monthly to generate clicks to their website. These same companies invest tens of thousands in building a website to attract visitors. They use analytical tools to analyze how to convert these visitors to leads. Then they send the lead to the sales department.
The lead often sits 24 to 48 hours before it gets called back.
A recent survey done by Dr. James Oldroyd while at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University shows that the majority of companies expect 4 to 5 attempts are made by their reps to contact a lead.
Why spend thousands of dollars on generating clicks, high conversion websites, and powerful analytics if you are going to let your leads sit for 2 days and only contact roughly half of your potential prospects?
The question is almost insulting, yet that is what most organizations do.
More research by Dr. Oldroyd shows that calling back a lead quickly has dramatic effects on actually making contact with and qualifying that lead. His research says that if you can call back a lead within 5 minutes, you are 10 times more likely to contact a lead, and 6 times more likely to qualify a lead than by waiting even 30 minutes.
And if you wait more than 20 hours to contact a lead, you actually hurt your chances of contacting and qualifying your lead with each successive attempt to make contact.
Technology now exists that can trigger callback attempts within seconds.
Technology can also schedule callback attempts at different times of the day and different days of the week to boost contact rates above 85%. Also, these solutions can automatically market to leads and continue to generate prospects every 3-4 weeks for 2 years or more.
We at InsideSales.com coined the phrase ‘Lead Response Management’. To us it means wringing every last ounce of value out of leads by responding quickly and consistently. Interestingly, sometimes responding at just the right time is more important that responding quickly.
Top 30 Articles on www.KenKrogue.com (with total views) and a Summary of Ken’s Forbes Articles
- What is Inside Sales? Our Definition of Inside Sales | Ken Krogue – 90,920 Views
- Inside Sales Best Practices – 42,361 Views
- 31 Linkedin tips – How-to-use-Linkedin-Best-Practices for B2B Prospecting – 19,284 Views
- Inside Sales Tips by Ken Krogue – 14,997 Views
- Good to Great by Jim Collins – Ken’s Notes Summary – 9,758 Views
- My Final Comment on my “Death of SEO” column on Forbes – 6,411 Views
- About Ken Krogue – 7,439 Views
- Inside Sales Tips – How LinkedIn Gives you 3 Free SEO Backlinks - 7,080 Views
- Inside Sales is Top Method of Lead Generation – 6,439 Views
- Prediction – SEO will be Dead in 2 Years – 5,740 Views
- Inside Sales Training – 5,237 Views
- Inside Sales Best Practices: 7 Ways to Increase Contact Ratios – 5,202 Views
- Ken’s Forbes Articles – 4,960 Views
- Is Leaving a Voicemail Worthwhile? – 3,862 Views
- Inside Sales Best Practices: Gathering Direct Dial Phone Numbers – 3,624 Views
- KPI – Key Performance Indicators – 3,713 Views
- Inside Sales versus Outside Sales – 3.505 Views
- Harvard Business Review says Sales is No Longer About Relationships – 3,048 Views
- Behind the Cloud – Ken’s Notes – 2,745 Views
- Climb the Trust Ladder to Increase Results in Prospecting – W/ VIDEO! – 2,744 Views
- Inside Sales Tips – Skip to the Beep – 2,678 Views
- Lead Generation Strategies: When to Call, When Not to Call? – 2,232 Views
- Inside Sales Tips – No Vacations Last Week of the Month – 2,000 Views
- Inside Sales Tips – Specialize – 1,842 Views
- Ken Krogue’s Forbes Top 25 Most Popular Articles – 1,788 Views
- Ken Krogue – About Chauncey Riddle (My Mentor) – 1,396 Views
- Inside Sales Tips – Interest is The Counterfeit of Need – 1,375 Views
- 6 Reasons Salesforce Users Need Hosted Dialer Technology - 1,276 Views
- What is Lead Response Management – 1,204 Views
- Ken’s Rules: The Business Card Rule – 1,252 Views
A Complete Summary of Ken Krogue’s Forbes Articles, Including his newly updated “Definition of Inside Sales” and his #1 on all of Forbes (and his most controversial) article “The Death of SEO”